Our model legislation is based on the ban that was passed in San Francisco. It is a city ordinance that prohibits the manufacture and sale of new fur products within city limits: fur coats, coats with fur trim, handbags, shoes, hats, and keychains. You can view the full text here.
- 6-month phase-in period for companies to sell current stock
- Does not cover the sale of used or vintage fur
- Does not prohibit people from wearing fur
- Does not cover the sale of fur from animals trapped within the state, which is managed by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Does not apply to indigenous people of the Americas for religious or cultural uses