4800 Portland residents have signed the petition to ban the sale of new fur products.
Over 50 Portland-based businesses have endorsed the ban on the sale of new fur products. Endorse View Letter
17 local, national, and international organizations are in our coalition
Fur Ban FAQ
Our model legislation is based on the ban that was passed in San Francisco. It is a city ordinance that prohibits the manufacture and sale of new fur products within city limits: fur coats, coats with fur trim, handbags, shoes, hats, and keychains. You can view the full text here.
- 6-month phase-in period for companies to sell current stock
- Does not cover the sale of used or vintage fur
- Does not prohibit people from wearing fur
- Does not cover the sale of fur from animals trapped within the state, which is managed by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Does not apply to indigenous people of the Americas for religious or cultural uses